Dreams n Hopes!!!


Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

What is Vegetarianism in Indian Terms

What is Vegetarianism
I am a Vegetarian; short form Veggie and when I say the same in the restaurant here in Indonesia, first look which the waiters give is ''Aaahhahhh'' I was 100% sure that there will be issues with the food and was ready for the same. I was fine with it and was ready to be on bread and rice for the whole month and thought it will actually be one kind of dieting for me.
But did not expect that I will get to see a question mark on people's face when I say that I am a veggie and next question come up asking that since have I been a veggi - I respond, since I have been born. Next question - So do you get Veggie food in India easily. I am required to answer this question very carefully as in India we have both categories of people who eat Veggie and Non-Veggie easily with no questions for any. Also, this can be grouped further to spicy-non spicy, hot - non hot, same thing made in different ways etccc....

Regarding my experience ---> Here, Veggie means - some vegetables boiled in salted water and steamed rice, fried rice or just one type of veggie pizza.

So, I thought to put down some pictures and details regarding the Vegetarian food of India. We have so many vegetables which can be cooked and we can have Vegetable Curries made out of the same in different ways. Hence, won't be able to give the number as permutations and combinations will make the list go very big. Also, each region of India takes the main ingredient and cooks the same in n no. of ways.



Just some Examples::
1. Vegetable Curry
a. Paneer made in 10-15 diferent ways.
b. Ladyfinger (Bhindi) Curry made in n no. of ways.
c. Potato(Aaloo) can be made single or used in different vegetables in different ways.
d. Cabbage
e. Cauliflower
f. Vegetable Kolhapuri



2. Different types of Breads which can be made out of the cereals.
a. Rice
b. Wheat - We make different types of Bread -->Chapatis/Naan/Puri and many morewith the same
c. Barley
d. Corn
and some more which I don't remember


3. Some Examples:










And the list goes on and on...I am not a big foodie so couldn't put the right foot in front of you all..Sorry for that but...Keep Eating. Indians love to eat and I look forward for my new friends made here in IBM -CSC Team and in Indonesia to come down to India and taste the food of India. You will like both Veggie and Non-Veggie.


See you in India...



1 comment: