Dreams n Hopes!!!


Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 2 - First Hand Expierence of Snorkeling!!!

Week 2 Ends with the and awesome expierence of Scooby-Dooby (Snorkeling and Diving)

Thursday was a good day for work. Shared the work done by us with Andi and Irham.Got some more points that what is required regarding the marketing of the product we want to sell. Work is in Progress. I really want that we should be able to provide the good deliverables to client which they can implement.In the evening, we all had a good discussion/brainstorming over each one's Project and all of us shared our views.

Friday was a holiday in Indonesia. Hence, we got a long weekend for ourselves. Two of our team members left early morning for Java to check out the famous temple and other places.Rest of us went to Trans Studio(Internal Theme Park). We got on almost all the rides. It was more fun to have all together and hence, we enjoyed. After this some went for dinner and some came back to the hotel.

Our Clients, YKL - NGO - working for the Marine Conservation had the scheduled Reef Check this weekend for the Universirty Students. This was to check and compare the Coral and Marine Life at different points near three different islands. Hence, we were invited as part of our assignment. Also, they agreed to have our complete team join them for the same.We left Saturday Morning with all the students from different groups, diving club with their equipments, some gasoline to be sold on the island, some people of the island, food etc. We had a good fun over the boat, made Toraja Coffe(awesome taste) on the boat, had lunch on the boat, all tried to mingle with each other inspite of the language barrier. It seemed like a Cruise to myself - no AC or big things but a small group living each moment. Weather was not with us. It started raining after some time of our start and hence, we could not Reef Check any of the scheduled points till afternoon. We reached Barang Lompo Island where we were going to stay in the Marine Diving Station Club. Good place to live in. We took a walk around the island and some of us went for Snorkeling. Water was not so good. I went especially as this was the first time I was getting into water for Snorkeling or for anything. Till date, it has been just on the beach and play in the water.It was good, but I was really afraid. Special Thanks to Irham for his guidance and always being there. Javier was with me all the time to help me. Terima Kasih!!. I could see some corals, fishes here and there.Dinner was good. I got vegetables and rice. After that had a good discussion with Andi over the Project, philosophy, etc. Also, some songs, dances, talks, guitar. It was good.

Next day morning, weather again was not with us. But after breakfast we waited and left with a delay but after that it was an awesome day. One of the best days till date. Firts point, one group of the students and all of our team members went for Snorkeling. I was a bit tensed but somehow decided to go for it. I got ready with my life jacket, fins, snorkeling mask and Tube/Ring to take care of me.I was in the water after some time. Irham did say that don't worry nothing will happen as you have your Jacket, Ring with you. I was afraid. I said, I still want you to be there. And so nice of him that he was there to show me the Coral Reef, Star Fish and different other colors of fish. I had just one thing to say - 'Awesome life in the water and I have been missing so much. Wish I knew swimming, I could have seen more'.Everybody was snorkeling, enjoying. Next point, I again went in water and again with Irham. Final point, I decided not to go any more. Students and some of our team members along with Irham and Andi went for Diving. I was sitting on the boat and thought, lets go again but was afraid, imagined -- its a sea and all what can happen, didn't know what to do. But, don't know what in me asked me to go and change, took the equipment and got down with the Ring. Had some of the students there. I went around in the water, holding the ring and talking to them. We went around the ship for sometime like this. Divers came back, these students also went back to the ship and then I was alone. I decided to remain in the water for sometime, then one of my team members said, just move your hands and swim. I was afraid, took hold of his hand and then after some time, I was just myself trying to swim on my own with nobody to hold my hand. I know, I had those fins and life jacket but somehow I feel I did try my level best by the end to overcome my fear of not able to swim and get into water. And as is said - Life starts when we overcome all these fears. I know, have to overcome many more of bigger fears in my life and I will for sure.Somehow, I feel now that this assignment will get the actual person out of each of us. Thanks IBM and Special Thanks to all my Team - Indonesia 3 Team.After this, we were back by 5.15 PM on Makasaar Port.

This was a never to forget expierence, made some good and new friends, got to know so many things, saw the different life of the nature - Coral and Marine Life, also some more ideas for my assignments.

Thanks to everybody !!! Terima Kasih!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment