Dreams n Hopes!!!


Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Crazy Week with memorable moments!!!

Crazy Week with memorable moments!!!
Week 3 - First two days!!!



It was Work from Hotel as there are demonstrations all over Indonesia for the Fuel Price Hike. Hence, IBM and our clients asked us not to go out of the hotel due to the safety issues. So, we worked from the hotel but only one week left to complete and close everything. I just hoped that things are better soon and we can deliver the work in a good shape.All of us worked, had discussions over each one's project, discussion over the Common Presentations. Work in the lobby or our Team Room. Liked a lot!

Wednesday - Went to the office. Presented our draft work to the Director and Chief. They provided some comments and were happy with the scope and the expectations which we have tried to capture and accordingly tried to provide some solutions to the same. Also, we got more inputs and requirements over which we need to work and finally finish our work before Monday. We have planned to provide some sessions, training on Monday and Tuesday for the Office Staff and then last 2 days we have the meeting with the Mayor, Press Conference and some community activities. But, it seems so less time and so much to do. I want some more time. Last moment work. Gosh! I feel what will happen. Wish, I can exceed my Clients expectation as per IBM's Vision. Give me strength!!!

Thursday - Awesome, lovely, crazy day!!! We asked our Clients to go to the Villages and meet the Community Women and see the actual scenario. We wanted to go before but due to the time constraints as our clients were busy with some important deliverables, then rains, then demonstrations. But finally we made it today.

We started around 10.15 from our hotel. Picked up Anti(Office Staff on the way from her home). Reached the first village in the Maros District somewhere around 11.50 AM. We went directly to the Community Leader's Home but he was not present, his mother ( she is like a grandmother to us - She is called Nene here). She was so sweet and loving. She got the black tea(I thought, I will not like it as we normally drink tea with cream/milk, but I liked it), then she got noodles with fish egg(Which I couldn't eat, but my team mate - Sabine liked it), now she got some vegetables(some boiled vegetables for me - they were also good), then bananas. It was good brunch!. Then some more women turned up and we spoke about the marketing strategies/promotions they should do for these fish eggs. To give the background, these village women make some home made things and then sell and try to make some money for their home and to get better livelihood, but they are not able to sell/market it in a good way. We tried to give some ideas regarding the Promotion Schemes they should implement . Also, in the end we spoke about Women Empowerment, Motivation; I spoke a lot, but due to the language issue,I could not put my thoughts in the proper format. I wanted to talk and I am sure, I could have spoken for hours on this topic if it was in Hindi/English. After this, some pictures, chicken dance and so much. These women had so much enthusiasm. Just loved it. I had around 24 bangles in my hand when I left my hotel and after the visit from this village, I just have 6 of them as rest all taken by the village women. They liked it so much and I wished I had more to give them. Actually, everyone likes the Indian dresses here- I wear suit (churidaar suit) sometimes, some people call it Saree maybe coz. of the dupatta but they like it a lot.

On the way to the next village, I was thinking if this is what I really want to do forever. I felt so good after this. I am not sure, what is stopping me to take this type of Social Work as full time. But, this what I have been always looking forward to. I just wished, that if IBM would have given me more time to be here and do something, I would have loved it like anything. I actually don't have any issues in living near these people and be part of their families and work for them. I don't know, after todays meeting, something is going in my mind which I am not able to put it down right now. Its like a web inside and I am looking for the right way to come out.
Getting back to our crazy day, on the way there was a wedding preparation going on. There was a tent and people sitting around, there was music, food. Not sure, what time was the wedding but we went there and took some pictures. Went on the stage and sat on the chairs which were for the bride and the groom. Did Chicken Dance with everybody present. After this, they asked us to sing some song. From India they wanted Chaiyan Chaiya or the song from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Sad and bad of me that I didn't know either. But, imagine I, Nitu Sharma went on the stage, alone and sang the song 'Ruk Ruk Arey Baba Ruk'. Girl, who has never sung any song till date, the girl who doesn't remember any lyrics ever went and sung the song. God knows where did I get all that courage, but I did it. I am sure, my voice must have been bad. I liked it but felt and wished if I knew one of the songs they wanted and also wish if I could have the good voice to sing and make these people smile.


Ok..let's move.., we went to the second village. This was less developed than the one before. Also, these people were more shy and we got to know that we were the first time foreigners in this village. There has never been anybody before in this village ever. The people were shy and didn't want to talk much, but they gave us lot to eat. I got some cake and Sabine got Salted Eggs. But, as we sat and tried to speak, gradually they started talking and we spoke about the product they make and we suggested to them that they should actually make and sell the handmade designer cloth which will help them to generate better money than salted eggs. Finally, they gifted us this hand made cloth. So sweet of them.


Finally the third village, where we found a group of Engineering students who was their Community Assignment for two months to teach English in the village. Good Work! Also, had some milk with jelly(very good, liked it).


After this back home/hotel. Day was great and lot to learn and maybe lot for me to introspect myself, my future. There is so much more to write, but thats all for today. Thanks to All!!

1 comment:

  1. ha..i liked the song u sang there...the same song..that u used to sing in college..:)))

    ReplyDelete