Dreams n Hopes!!!


Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Nothing is Right or Wrong

Deepti, a close friend of mine always says one thing - Nothing is Right or Wrong. I never went in for a discussion with her but somewhere in the heart did not completely agree with her. But, yesterday a talk with Pramilla which started with office discussion and turned out to be full length life discussion and somewhere in between I said"Nothing is Right or Wrong".
I felt I never agreed to Deepti but yesterday when I mentioned this to Pramilla; I felt I do believe in it but its just that I never agreed; maybe was afraid to believe the fact of life.

Our discussion got over but I went into my thought mode as usual. Looked back at my life and found this statement so very true and tried thinking on this from each angle.

Not sure why but when I was a school kid I always wanted to be a doctor but was always afraid of injections/blood etcc..could not even dissect rat without crying. But still wanted to be a doctor. And when I could not clear my Medical Entrance Exams I felt why this wrong happened with me ....Why Why....But, if I look back today; suppose by mistake I would have cleared the exam; not sure if I would have been a good doctor....I know I did not turnout to be a good Engineer also.. :) So what's right or wrong?? Don't know..

Looking at some of my friends life..
For one of them - Her engagement was broken with the person whom she loved the most; She felt its all wrong and wrong. And just one question...Why Why....Let's not get into the reasons; but later, she found someone really nice who loved her like anything. So can we say that what happened first was right or wrong?? What do you say?

Other friend of mine did not get the job he wanted and felt it was all wrong and as usual Why..Why?? Later he got something really good and today he is in one of the top positions of the company..So What's right and wrong??


So, there are many more things which keep happening in our lives - breakdowns, loose people, break-ups, not getting the jobs at the right time, and many more things which if highlighted will bring tears.
That very moment when it happens we feel why this wrong is happening with me. Why....Why??
But, it seems the world famous quote 'Whatever happens; happens for a reason' is true. Later in life remembering this sad moment of our life might bring the smile on our face.

There have been so many ups and down even in my life. Even if I believe in all whats written above; I will still keep asking myself - "Why that happened to me - Why that wrong - What wrong etc..?". After all I am a human being and not yet attained nirvana; hence the question "Why" never leaves me and it is difficult to think completely that there is nothing right or wrong.The day the person realizes, understand the depth of this sentence - the person will be so very happy. Wish I attain that status soon...Amen.. :)

Isn't this Right or Wrong similar to Black or White; binary - one or zero. You can put some some of the things/situations/events of your life into one of these buckets but still you would be left with some which doesn't fall anywhere; what about them?
Let's take the example of the most lovely feeling - Can we say Love is right or wrong. It is just a different feeling; something we all want; something which can never be explained in words. And I am talking of parental love, sibling love, partner love, friendly love....When it brings smile on our face - we say its right - its all red and pink. But, when due to some reasons - it brings tears to our eyes - everything becomes black, zero and wrong.
So such events/things - let's keep them as it is and try not to put them in Right or Wrong Bucket. If you feel that it was wrong; don't loose hope, just try to resolve it. But even after you have tried; it does not work; smile and don't feel bad. As it was neither Right nor Wrong...

Keep Smiling.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Snap judgement results in perception, introspection results in knowing the reason behind anything which has happened and time will eventually heal everything which has happened :D

    ReplyDelete