Dreams n Hopes!!!


Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vicious Cycle of Good and Bad!!!

 
Vicious Cycle of Good and Bad!!!
 
Saturday...Weekend Starts....Got up late, nobody else at home as all the family members are out of station for some or the other work. Household work, ready, breakfast done. Didn't feel like going out anywhere. Wanted to spend some time with myself, sleep, eat, read...Its almost afternoon and I thought why not read the newspaper...before I open my laptop and login on Facebook.
Normally, I read the editorial page of Times of India. Most of the time, the thoughts in the 'Speaking Tree' are good to read.
 
Today's article was also good. It was regarding the ten characteristics which a person should have for whatever reasons. For me the reason is to be happy and smiling at the end of the day.
So let's check out what those 10 characteristics are:
1. Earth/Patience.
2. Forgiveness
3. Control
4. Not to steal anything physically or mentally
5. Internal and External Cleanliness
6. Control over the Sensory and Motor Organs
7. Benevolent Intellect
8. Internal Assimilation of External Objectives
9. Truth
10. Non Anger
Had to read the article almost 3-4 times to understand it as per my way of living the life.
 


Many thoughts ran across while reading all this.
Is it possible and easy to have all the above 10 characteristics in this today's world, wherein we all are running around, competing against each other, fighting against ourselves and then our family and then our neighbors and then this world, wanting so many things and if we don't compete, fight, get angry, and so much more...., will it not be tough to live a family and a social life?? Will I actually get smile on my face if I have all this in me? Will I be able to live a easy personal and professional life????Or, all this is just for personal life and not professional? Does it mean, I should have two personalities?? Too many questions...
Ok, suppose if I follow and imbibe all the characteristics written above (by the way, I do have and good percentage of each of them.. :))) so to get 100% won't be tough)but what about others, they will still not be like this and hence, when I come across a person who is at 0% of not having all these characteristics and say I have 100% of all written above..What then?After all, I am a human being. I will be hurt, if I keep forgiving and the other person keeps hurting me. Some day, even my patience will loosen out and I will blast. Volcano is blasting finally. Right???Its like a vicious circle, Isn't it????
So, is it really possible?????
 
Fine, let's leave the humans.
Take the case of an iron.
Iron till the time, we don't do anything has lots n lots of patience. Does nothing. Simple. But,one day a very smart human being comes and he starts hitting this iron who has 100% level of patience in herself(Somewhat similar to the drunken husband beating his wife). But, our sweet little iron is quiet, saying nothing as it has the characteristic of having patience. But till when????? She has not been saying anything, forgiven him for hitting it once, twice, thrice and infinite no. of times. Now, she gets angry and breaks down, no more patience is left and either she gets converted to steel or is broken down into two pieces. Isn't it the case of diamonds made out of rocks and many more other examples which we all keep liking on the facebook to share the flexibility, strength, perseverance and what not...
 
So, somewhat like iron most of these dumb materials have all the above mentioned characteristic; if they can break down in extremes of the situation? What about we humans? We have emotions, we have brains to think, but still we break down..
 
Now, someone might say that we have brains to think and hearts to love. Awesome things given by the God Particle or by God or by DNA's or..... Let the smart people work on this.
 
Time to sleep and think if having even 50% level of each of the above characteristics is enough or complete 100% is required. Will I get my smiles at the end of the day?????
 
Poem by Laura Cummings summarises this. Link http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/a-vicious-cycle/
Some lines from her poem:
Whipped around, a vicious cycle
full of life and death, each vital to survival.
Giving up, making a new start, taking a chance on something new
Still making no sense at all, but perhaps it's not meant to.
Degrading, crushing, Encouraging, freeing
Compromise, age, learning to wait.
Life and death, each vital to survival.




I want this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey nitu...
    I loved these blogs..keep writing..keep smiling..

    Smita

    ReplyDelete