Dreams n Hopes!!!


Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gone are the days...But, not the memories....


Missing those School Days...Wanna go Back!!!

Growing up,
The calamities of adolescence;
Perpetual obstacles, hindering our ability to enjoy the simple things in life.
Incessantly surrounded by drama, “he-said, she-said” gossip,
petty arguments, and the tragic dilemmas of teenage life.
They say these are the best years of our lives.
Stressful schoolwork, the frustration and pressure to do your best, always give 110%.
Imperative decisions and choices that are crucial towards your future,
and the rest of your life are essentially necessary to be made
Right now.
The overwhelming distress and distraught feelings are overpowering.
They say these are the best years of our lives.
And I couldn’t agree more.
For nothing I’d trade the memories made.
The laughter and cheer throughout all of the years outweighs everything else
Making it all worthwhile.
Does it really have to end?

Poem by someone who also felt the same when he/she graduated from his school. Done with my schooling years back, but last week, was cleaning my cupboard and found a big bundle of something. I opened it as had nothing else to do...There came out the cards n cards, letters, write ups and so many in number. I just sat down and started reading each and every card, write up and letters. I was back to my School..Flashback ..almost 10 years back..
I looked at them and laughed n cried..I didnt expect this from myself but it reminded me of my School - Army Public School, my friends, my twelve years, my first educational institute, my first step after my home.
Cards were all those cute ones, but I am sure, each one of them was a value to me at that time and has more n more value to me today.
Such sweet Cards..All the Best, Happy B'Day Cards...Exam Time Card, New Year Cards, Festival Wishing Cards. Some are Handmade, some are bought.
But all this brings back memories of the best time of life. Well said "Savor the moments that are warm, special and giggly."So True "Friendship is like a violin; the music may stop now and then, but the strings will last forever. But every memory of friendship shared, even for a short time, is a treasure, like sunshine and warmth in our lives, like a cool breeze on a humid day, like a shower of rain refreshing the earth."
Now, very special mention of my friend - Meghana Pathania.She was in our School for Class 4 and Class 5. Her father was in Army and hence she had to leave the school as he got posted outside Delhi.
I really don't remeber how come we got so good, so great friends at that age of 8/9 that we decided to write letters to each other. There was no FB or emails during those times. I went through her letters and realized that we were writing even after a year of school and then somehow dont know what happened, why I dont have a letter of hers. Why did we not remain in touch after that? It just means that for almost 7-8 years we were writing to each other. Wow, this sounds so good.
And the letters are so cute. I am sure, I must have written something of the same sort to her, something if we read now, will look how stupid and dumbos we were.  I don't know, why we used to write those letters but now looking back I feel all this makes so sense, doesnt it make sense?
We used to write on that blue inland letters. There was not even a single area which was left unwritten. I am sure, nobody uses those letters now in this fast Internet Facebook World. I have some of her handmade cards too. Such cute and loving messages which I can never get now from anyone.
No idea where she is, what she is doing. But, reading each line of her reminds me of that slim beautiful Meghana. Meghana, I don't know dear, where you are. I tried on Facebook, but no luck.
I agree to this "Friends are the most important part of our life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories"...I have done that and now I am looking forward to meet you somehow, somewhere dear.

Today sitting on my bed and recollecting memories of my school days shows that those were the moments close to my heart and I am holding onto the things I love, what I am today, the things I never want to loose. Schooldays, I believe, are the happiest in the whole span of human existence.
Most of us would agree that the days spent in school are/were certainly the best days of our lives.
Its in school tht we make our first frind, have our first crush, compete to excel, hope for places in the sports teams, eating lunch boxes during classes,and learn our first lessons abot life.

For those whose school is now forever OVER. I still can't get over it - I feel like I'll be going back next year and seeing all the same people, but I won't be one of them! I'm happy and sad about graduating, I guess that's how most people feel.Those who are in school think that when I will grow up n go to college and then to work. But belive me as you grow you will get bored with the narrow mindedness of the things around yourself, closeness of life, and to find yourself as just time machines which is racing against time. Really School Says are the golden days. People call it SCHOOL, but its LIFE.

2 comments:

  1. i guess you have stated all things that everybody feel about their childhood and i should say mine was still naughtier and filled with all fun...nice one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....and thats what reminds and makes you happy and brings smile on our faces..Childhood Time is the best time.

      Delete